~About The Crew~

We are a group of diligent couch potatoes, who are deeply devoted to hardwork in the commonroom.
The couch is our vice and is the place where we sit and
-chill
-study
-daydream
-doze off
-attempt to find solutions to the endless list of toils that university life brings.

Its all about balance and so are we. On top of all that, we are just too cool. We put the french in the fry, the ato in potato, the ash in mash and the cool in school.

Friday, September 26, 2008

Yours Truly


Hey Lady

How are you? Shucks, you’ve been on my mind a lot lately. I hope you’re doing well. I was flipping through some old photo albums today when I came across a sepia photo of you and the sisters, taken when you were hardly a year old. It made me realise just how much you’ve grown, and inspired me to share some of my thoughts with you.

You’ve become quite the young lady over the past few months, hey? I’m so proud of you. I think what I’m most proud of is the way you’ve held on so tightly to the Ithu you’ve always wanted to be, uncompromising of the vision you have always had for yourself. Way to go girl! I hope with all my heart that when you get to varsity within the next few weeks, you’ll continue to pursue that dream of becoming the best ‘you’ you can be. Change is undoubtedly inevitable. Coupled with the difficulties of varsity life, the inconsistence of your personal life can take you on quite the emotional roller coaster ride, but have faith and hold on tight. I’ve seen a lot of young women letting go of their dreams just because someone made them think that being themselves wasn’t enough. Well I want you to know that you are enough. You – with your not-quite-straight teeth, your “African heritage” booty and your spotted face – you are enough, and perfect in your imperfection. The beauty of varsity life is that we are all so different that it’s almost impossible to define that which is normal. Nevertheless, don’t lose yourself in the hype – have fun while staying true to you.

Oh, and you must of course never forget the rule of thumb – keep your friends close and your chocolate closer!

Much love
Ithu

1 comment:

thu_nice said...
This comment has been removed by the author.